[rules-users] WorkItemHandler in Guvnor and GWT Console

Kris Verlaenen Kris.Verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Fri Mar 26 20:09:23 EDT 2010

The drools.session.conf file can be used to configure you application.
You shouldn't change an existing file, you should just create a new one,
and add it in a META-INF directory on your classpath. For example:

drools.workItemHandlers = CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf

Next to your drools.session.conf file, add the handlers conf file you
are referring to from this file, e.g.:

[
  // Add more work item handlers here (note the comma at the end)
  "Log": new
org.drools.process.instance.impl.demo.SystemOutWorkItemHandler(),
]

You can for example add these two files in the
gwt-console-server-drools.war in WEB-INF/classes/META-INF.

I'm working on an install file for the console that will include things
like this.  Hope to add it to the Drools SVN any time soon, that should
make installing the gwt-console a lot easier.

Kris