[rules-users] Drools server, memory footprint

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 08:34:48 EDT 2010

Hi Bertrand,
yes.. your scenario sound realistic.
Remember that drools sacrifice memory for performance, in other words if you
create 1 million of objects, the memory footprint will be high because of
that.
There are different ways to distribute the load to different Virtual
Machines and different physical machines. You can see the VSM apis
(experimental) and also the Drools Execution Server that you mention. We are
releasing a new version of the execution server that will make things
easier.

Greetings.

2010/3/26 Bertrand Grottier <b_grottier at hotmail.com>

>  Hello,
>
> I just posted another message related to Drools server.
>
> As I said before, I am in the learning process of Drools.
>
> However, in the future, I will have to deploy a client - Drools server
> application.
>
> To fix ideas, there would be around 30 instances of Drools on a physical
> server. The rules differ between each logical server. Is this realistic ?
>
> The memory footprint is of great concern. Are there different possible
> architectures influencing it ? How can we tune the JVM & Drools to minimize
> the memory footprint ?
> I would be very interested in experiments from others (number of rules and
> facts, memory footprint).
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Benoît

- http://salaboy.wordpress.com