[rules-users] Drools server, memory footprint

Bertrand Grottier b_grottier at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 07:51:47 EDT 2010

Hello,

I just posted another message related to Drools server.

As I said before, I am in the learning process of Drools.

However, in the future, I will have to deploy a client - Drools server
application.

To fix ideas, there would be around 30 instances of Drools on a physical server. The rules differ between each logical server. Is this realistic ?

The memory footprint is of great concern. Are there different possible architectures influencing it ? How can we tune the JVM & Drools to minimize the memory footprint ?
I would be very interested in experiments from others (number of rules and facts, memory footprint).

Thank you in advance.

Benoît