[rules-users] Resuming the Flow: SESSION_ID, PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID, WORKITEM_ID

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:01:34 EDT 2010

1) calling ((WorkItemNode)
processInstance.getNodeInstances() will return the list of current Node
Instances inside the process.
This means that you can retrieve for each of them the name and compare to
know which one do you want to complete.

2) A session can contain multiple process instances inside it. it depends on
the information that you want to store inside each session. Depending on
your use case is how you will divide: one process Instance per session,
multiple process instances per session, etc.

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 9:34 AM, tolitius <webakaunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Salaboy,
>
>    I see, this is helpful. So let's say I have a relationship between my
> "someBusinessId" and session / process IDs:
>
>  WorkflowService {
>        resumeFlow ( someBusinessId ) {
>
>                 workflowDao.findWorkflowInstanceBySomeBusinessId(); //
> where WorkflowInstance is a bean with two properties: SESSION_ID and
> PROCESS_INSTANCE_ID
>
>                 // somehow getting the right WORKITEM_ID     <<<<<<<<
>        }
>  }
>
> So I am able to find a SESSION_ID, and PROCESS_ID by my business key. And
> let's say my flow has many workitems:
>
>    1. By
>
> "((WorkItemNode)processInstance.getNodeInstances().iterator().next()).getWorkItemId();"
> will I always get a workitem that is in a "wait state"? What if I have
> several of them in a "wait state" at the same time, how do I know which one
> to complete?
>
>    2. Just so I have a clear understanding of the Drools Flow processing
> model: "What is a life cycle of SESSION_ID vs a life cycle of PROCESS_ID"?
>
> Thank you,
> /Anatoly

- http://salaboy.wordpress.com
- http://www.jbug.com.ar