[rules-users] Drools Flow: WORK_ITEM_ID as a flow variable

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 18:22:25 EDT 2010

you can use the same approach used in the WSHT implementation.
Persist the work item Id related with the business activity that cause the
wait state.
In the Human task case, the work Item id is persisted in the node instance
(that is running)  that causes the wait state

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 4:45 PM, tolitius <webakaunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> yes, I understand they are persisted, but once you reload a session, you
> have
> no knowledge of _which_ Processs Instance to use, and _which_ Work Item is
> the one that caused the flow to wait.
>
> Therefore I am looking for the way to save a workitem ID as a variablea,
> using a Variable Persistence mechanism.
>
> This way when the session is reloaded, I can do
> processInstance.getVariable("workItemId"), which will return me an ID of
> the
> latest work item that caused this flow to wait.
>
> so let me try this again.. having a workitem, what would be the best
> approach to persist a WorkItemID using VariablePersistence?

- http://salaboy.wordpress.com
- http://www.jbug.com.ar
- Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -