[rules-users] Drools Flow: WORK_ITEM_ID as a flow variable

tolitius webakaunt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 19:31:10 EDT 2010

Long running process is not always a Human Task, that means the Task is not
always needed. Let's say we are waiting for the response from the external
system, and once response comes in, we would like to complete _this_ work
item.

Therefore we are looking to do this _without_ WS HT handler, and use
Variable Persistence mechanism instead, so we can load the process, and do
"processInstance.getVariable("workItemId")".

What would be the best approach to do that?