[rules-users] Drools Flow: WORK_ITEM_ID as a flow variable

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 20:07:48 EDT 2010

I do not recommend that approach, I recommend to copy the same approach used
in the WSHT human task module. there is no need to clarify that Human Task
are only one of the possibilities for a wait state situation. But, WSHT
contains a good approach to achieve the same that you are looking for.. you
can copy that.. at the end the WSHT module is jut a Work Item with steroids.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 7:31 PM, tolitius <webakaunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Long running process is not always a Human Task, that means the Task is not
> always needed. Let's say we are waiting for the response from the external
> system, and once response comes in, we would like to complete _this_ work
> item.
>
> Therefore we are looking to do this _without_ WS HT handler, and use
> Variable Persistence mechanism instead, so we can load the process, and do
> "processInstance.getVariable("workItemId")".
>
> What would be the best approach to do that?

- http://salaboy.wordpress.com
- http://www.jbug.com.ar
- Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -