[rules-users] how to move a repository from derby database to Oracle Database

Jaroslaw Kijanowski kijanowski at gmail.com
Sat May 1 02:29:05 EDT 2010

Oh, ok, so you've provided a homeDirectory property in components.xml

Then, as you already mentioned, create this directory and put the
repository.xml file there.

To sum it up:
1. export your repo, stop the app server
2. delete everything inside the directory specified as homeDirectory in
components.xml, but keep that directory itself - you need to do this to
clean up after Derby
3. put the new repository.xml file into the homeDirectory and make sure
you're starting with a clean Oracle DB
4. start your server - you should be asked to install a sample
repository once logged in to Guvnor - ignore that and import your repo
from the Administration menu

Does this work?