[rules-users] how to move a repository from derby database to Oracle Database

vadlam sreeram.vadlamudi at wellsfargo.com
Sat May 1 16:19:15 EDT 2010

The directory specified in components.xml as home directory is
/config/drools.

I have the repository.xml in this directory.

After I delete all the directories under drools and just have repository.xml
in config/drools and restart, I get this error. so, I guess the problem is
that jackrabbit cannot find the repository directory specified in
repository.xml and hence causing this error.

The same error happens irrespective of whether I have Oracle persistence or
default derby persistence setttings.

here is the Repository.xml I use. In components.xml, I have config/drools
defined as the home directory

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
   contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
   The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
   (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
   the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

   limitations under the License.
-->
<!DOCTYPE Repository PUBLIC "-//The Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Jackrabbit 1.4//EN"

"http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/repository-1.4.dtd">
<!-- Example Repository Configuration File -->
<Repository>
    <!--
        virtual file system where the repository stores global state
        (e.g. registered namespaces, custom node types, etc.)
    -->
    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

        <!--param name="path" value="C:/Data/jboss/repository"/-->
    </FileSystem>

    <!--
        security configuration
    -->
    <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
        <!--
            access manager:
            class: FQN of class implementing the AccessManager interface
        -->
        <AccessManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleAccessManager">
            <!--  -->
        </AccessManager>

        <LoginModule
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SimpleLoginModule">
           <!-- anonymous user name ('anonymous' is the default value) -->
           <!--  -->
           <!--
              default user name to be used instead of the anonymous user
              when no login credentials are provided (unset by default)
           -->
           <!--  -->
        </LoginModule>
    </Security>

    <!--
        location of workspaces root directory and name of default workspace
    -->
    <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces"
defaultWorkspace="default"/>
    <!--
        workspace configuration template:
        used to create the initial workspace if there's no workspace yet
    -->
    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
        <!--
            virtual file system of the workspace:
            class: FQN of class implementing the FileSystem interface
        -->
        <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

        </FileSystem>
        <!--
            persistence manager of the workspace:
            class: FQN of class implementing the PersistenceManager
interface
        -->
		 <!--
		 <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager">

        </PersistenceManager>

	-->

       <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager">

        </PersistenceManager>

        <!--
            Search index and the file system it uses.
            class: FQN of class implementing the QueryHandler interface
        -->
        <SearchIndex

        </SearchIndex>
    </Workspace>

    <!--
        Configures the versioning
    -->
    <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">
        <!--
            Configures the filesystem to use for versioning for the
respective
            persistence manager
        -->
        <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

        </FileSystem>

        <!--
            Configures the persistence manager to be used for persisting
version state.
            Please note that the current versioning implementation is based
on
            a 'normal' persistence manager, but this could change in future
            implementations.
        -->

	  <!--
		 <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager">

        </PersistenceManager>

		 -->
        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.OraclePersistenceManager">

        </PersistenceManager>

    </Versioning>

    <!--
        Search index for content that is shared repository wide
        (/jcr:system tree, contains mainly versions)
    -->
    <SearchIndex

    </SearchIndex>
</Repository>