[rules-users] Insert Fact Speed bottleneck

Nicolas Héron nicolas.heron.java at gmail.com
Wed May 5 05:42:42 EDT 2010

Hi,
in your case is there no way to insert data at other moments ? do you need
all the data you insert ?
If you use statefull session you can insert data during time and not at
once.
Also, the more rules you have with complex when conditions => The rete is
big so inserting takes time.
On on of my project, using a rule flow makes it easier as you make decision
step by step. So for each step, the rete graph is smaller (it my view when
you divide in smaller steps) => Quicker when you insert.
Hope it helps
Nicolas Héron