[rules-users] Insert Fact Speed bottleneck

djb dbrownell83 at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 06:00:58 EDT 2010

Hi,

thanks for the replies.  Essentially, its a rule template, with 4
conditions.
One checks for a current claimline,
One checks for a historic claimline,
One checks that the historic claimline is within a time period of the
current claimline,
One checks that there are X historic claimlines.

I'm just a bit hesitant to post my work here.  But i did have a BIG
breakthrough.

What I was doing was Insert-Fire-Retract, once per claim.  When I changed it
to Retract at the end, it jumped down to 50ms!  (6X speed increase!)

But, unfortunately, i need to retract the data for each claim, because the
rules assume that everything in WM is relevant. (That is, it assumes all the
historic claims are for the current member)

Hmm.  Any new ideas?