[rules-users] creating custom flow components for the eclipse gui

Geir Gullestad Pettersen geirgp at gmail.com
Mon May 10 03:21:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm considering Drools Flow for our application which currently runs a
proprietary flow engine. This flow engine wires the nodes/tasks in the flow
using spring xml which essentially lets our customers build custom flows
which executes pojos which implement a predefined interface. It does however
lack any GUI for editing the flow, and that is my reason for considering
Drools Flow.

I have skimmed through the documentation and found many examples on how to
buld flows using the Drools components, yet I am wondering how to create
custom gui flow components for our java pojos - is that possible? Any
documentations/examples I can look at?

Thanks.

Geir Pettersen