[rules-users] Drools and JBoss 6.0 Support

Jervisliu jliu at redhat.com
Mon May 17 03:19:51 EDT 2010

ramram wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   I have a question about the Drools support for the JBOSS 6.0 because I
> have problems deploying the Guvnor on the JBOSS 6.0 where it was functioning
> perfectly under JBOSS 4.2.3. Any suggestions or documents that I can refer
> to.
>

> Regards,
> Ram

Hi Ram, what problems did you see on JBOSS AS 6.0? I tried JBOSS AS 6.0
recently with Guvnor 5.1, looks like this is a SEAM problem. Seam 2.1
may not work with JBOSS AS 6. I need a further look into this.

Exception received:

15:07:55,305 ERROR [StandardContext] Context [/jboss-brms] startup
failed due to
 previous errors: java.lang.RuntimeException: mapped-name is required
for org.jb
oss.seam.async.TimerServiceDispatcher/timerService of deployment
jboss-brms.war
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.injection.WebResourceHandler.loadXmlReso
urceEnvRefs(WebResourceHandler.java:287)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.injection.WebResourceHandler.loadXml(Web
ResourceHandler.java:325)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatInjectionContainer.processMetadata
(TomcatInjectionContainer.java:574)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.WebCtxLoader.start(WebCtxLoader.java:158
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4
342)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy
Internal(TomcatDeployment.java:315)

At the same time, you can try JBOASS AS 5.0. Here is the instruction on
how to deploy Guvnor in JBOSS 5.0:

http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-14395?uniqueTitle=false

Cheers,
Jervis