[rules-users] Drools with Guvnor

Michael Rhoden mrhoden at franklinamerican.com
Wed May 19 19:07:08 EDT 2010

Yes and no . Guvnor uses a JCR repository (the default is http://jackrabbit.apache.org/) which can not be accessed using hibernate directly. We ran into this issue, and the only way to use guvnor as of 6 months ago was to have a user go into guvnor and create a DRL file by clicking a few buttons. Not a big deal, but it isn't automated. You can then use that DRL as a resource in your application. I know there was some working being done to be able to pull out DRLs from Guvnor using xml calls, but don't know if that was ever completed.

Michael Rhoden