[rules-users] Drools 5.1 Flow in a "Clustered" environment

Diego López León dieguitoll at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 22:53:45 EDT 2010

@krisv,
I have an implementation running in a branch, but I have to update it
with the ideas you discussed with Esteban and Mauricio during ORF. If
you have some time, would be great if you could summarize some main
points into that Jira.
I'll also add there an abstract about what we already have.

Regards,

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Kris Verlaenen
<kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be> wrote:
> It related to this issue:
> https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-2616
>
> Diego, is there something publicly available already?
>
> Kris
>
> Ken Young wrote:
>> Thank you for the reply.  I a not sure where the community effort lives, but would it be possible send a link in order to take a look?
>>

>> Ken
>> On Oct 28, 2010, at 8:28 PM, Kris Verlaenen wrote:
>>

>>> Ken,
>>>
>>> In Drools, timers etc. are linked to a session (where the session can
>>> contain process instances, timers, data, rule evaluations, etc.). So,
>>> even if you are using Drools Flow in a clustered environment, where you
>>> could have a number of independent sessions running simultaneously, the
>>> timer will always be associated to that session. There are two possible
>>> strategies then: either (1) you keep the session online for ever (your
>>> cluster has a number of running sessions and you're possibly using
>>> persistence to restore in case of system failure), and the timers will
>>> fire in that session only when the time is right or (2) you only keep
>>> your session alive when it is necessary so sessions can go offline,
>>> where you could then use a scheduler to make sure the session is brought
>>> back online (from persistent storage) whenever a timer should fire in an
>>> offline session. The latter is currently being implemented as a
>>> community contribution.
>>>
>>> Kris

diego