[rules-users] What is contract between Heap Size and PermGen space

Swindells, Thomas TSwindells at nds.com
Thu Jun 9 06:16:32 EDT 2011

This is a pure java question not a drools question - I'd suggest you ask the experts on one of the java or jboss mailing lists!
One question I'd have is whether you are running a 32 bit or 64bit jvm - if you are running a 32bit jvm then you will have limits on how much memory in total a process can address (including additional memory needed for the actual jvm, hotspot compiler etc).
Thomas

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes. To protect the environment please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.

NDS Limited. Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered no. 3080780. VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00