[rules-users] drools - packaging creates a full snapshot...why?

jcrowe jcrowe_huskers at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 21:06:43 EDT 2011

I have been using drools for almost a year now and build several packages a
day.  Things are starting to slow down a bit and I've started to wonder if
it is because of all the workspace copies and the jcr overhead of them.  I
have implemented a deletion of old workspace copies but this made me wonder
why drools is doing (in RulesRepository):
            this.session.getWorkspace().copy( source, newName );

its not like i need a copy, once the package is built, it doesn't seem to
'rebuild it' from this snapshot.  I have no way of "recovering to" this
snapshot.

Anyone can help me with the reason behind the copy (perhaps why I shouldn't
just delete this copy? I'm sure there are side-effects of this I'm not
thinking of, etc., etc.,)

Any feedback is appreciated.