[rules-users] Common Practices for warning or debug rules/messages

wendy w.mungovan at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 21:21:57 EDT 2011

Hi,
   I'm working on a system that has a large number of rules and we are
getting to the point where we think it would be useful to have some 'debug'
or 'warning' type rules (for lack of a better word).    The warning rules
would be rules that would signal to us that something is wrong with the
underlying data and would require someone to go in and fix something.  I was
wondering if there are some standard practice as to how to write, maintain,
format... these rules.  I can think of a couple of ways to do this but I
would like the communities opinion. We would also like the ability to turn
on/off these debug or warning rules easily while the rest of the system
keeps on processing.

Thank you,
Wendy