[rules-users] Guvnor service to compile part of a package ?

Vincent Legendre vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Mon May 9 11:01:17 EDT 2011

Hi Jervis

I managed to get it work ... but only on 5.2.0 M2  (M1 respond that path
does not exists, so it seems that new REST api is not added to this
version of Guvnor).

For a package, I have the expected assets simple listing in XML.

But, for an asset, I can't get the category in returned XML. I have
state (and some other metadata like author, archived ...), but not the
category (tried on Underage.brl asset in sample repository, with has the
category "Home Mortgage/Eligibility rules") :
         URL =
http://localhost:8080/guvnor-5.2.0.M2-tomcat-6.0/rest/packages/mortgages/assets/Underage
<entry xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
xml:base="http://localhost:8080/guvnor-5.2.0.M2-tomcat-6.0/rest/packages/mortgages/assets/Underage">
<title type="text">Underage</title>
<summary type="text">
</summary>
<published>2008-10-01T02:54:34.716Z</published>
<author>
<name>mic</name>
</author>
<id>http://localhost:8080/guvnor-5.2.0.M2-tomcat-6.0/rest/packages/mortgages/assets/Underage</id>
<metadata xmlns="">
<archived>
<value>false</value>
</archived>
<uuid>
<value>dffeb086-38e6-4ec0-aa2a-f7693fe2a6ef</value>
</uuid>
<state>
<value>Draft</value>
</state>
<format>
<value>brl</value>
</format>
</metadata>
<content
src="http://localhost:8080/guvnor-5.2.0.M2-tomcat-6.0/rest/packages/mortgages/assets/Underage/binary"/>
</entry>

Missing some parameters in query ? Or the API does not returns the
categories ?

For adding some stuff in the API, I have seen
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/GUVNOR-1080 which added a "compile"
function to REST API. I think this is the place to add a filtered
compilation ?
I think I will wait until the next version of Guvnor (CR1?), and then
add it to.