[rules-users] Guvnor service to compile part of a package ?

Jervis Liu jliu at redhat.com
Tue May 10 02:28:07 EDT 2011

Vincent Legendre wrote:
> Hi Jervis
>
> I managed to get it work ... but only on 5.2.0 M2  (M1 respond that path
> does not exists, so it seems that new REST api is not added to this
> version of Guvnor).
>
> For a package, I have the expected assets simple listing in XML.
>
> But, for an asset, I can't get the category in returned XML. I have
> state (and some other metadata like author, archived ...), but not the
> category (tried on Underage.brl asset in sample repository, with has the
> category "Home Mortgage/Eligibility rules") :
>          URL =
> http://localhost:8080/guvnor-5.2.0.M2-tomcat-6.0/rest/packages/mortgages/assets/Underage
> <entry xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
> xml:base="http://localhost:8080/guvnor-5.2.0.M2-tomcat-6.0/rest/packages/mortgages/assets/Underage">
> <title type="text">Underage</title>
> <summary type="text">
> </summary>
> <published>2008-10-01T02:54:34.716Z</published>
> <author>
> <name>mic</name>
> </author>
> <id>http://localhost:8080/guvnor-5.2.0.M2-tomcat-6.0/rest/packages/mortgages/assets/Underage</id>
> <metadata xmlns="">
> <archived>
> <value>false</value>
> </archived>
> <uuid>
> <value>dffeb086-38e6-4ec0-aa2a-f7693fe2a6ef</value>
> </uuid>
> <state>
> <value>Draft</value>
> </state>
> <format>
> <value>brl</value>
> </format>
> </metadata>
> <content
> src="http://localhost:8080/guvnor-5.2.0.M2-tomcat-6.0/rest/packages/mortgages/assets/Underage/binary"/>
> </entry>
>
> Missing some parameters in query ? Or the API does not returns the
> categories ?

Category info is not returned at the moment. But this should be a very
quick fix, let me see when I can find time. Though the fix will only be
available in 5.3.Snapshot.
> For adding some stuff in the API, I have seen
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/GUVNOR-1080 which added a "compile"
> function to REST API. I think this is the place to add a filtered
> compilation ?

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/GUVNOR-1080 is an enchantment to the old
REST API, which will be deprecated later. You need to look at the new
JAX-RS based REST interface.