[rules-users] [Drools Flow 5.1] Updating a process definition -> Proceed updates running processes

anton.litvinenko anton.litvinenko at gmail.com
Wed May 11 12:33:51 EDT 2011

Hi!

According to
http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.1.1.34858.FINAL/drools-flow/html/ch04.html#d0e1514
Drools Flow is using "Proceed" strategy by default = already running
processes should continue using old process definitions and new processes
will be run according to updated process definition.

In reality it doesn't seem working this way: I am using persistent session
and I have a process with async step. So, whenever a process stops at this
step and I update the process definition in Guvnor (and build new package)
then process continues with the new definition (I've added simple Action
node with system out and change string that is written to system out).

I tried to use version parameter in process definition to distinguish
between old and new definitions, but it doesn't make any difference.

Could someone please comment on that?