[rules-users] [Drools Flow 5.1] Updating a process definition -> Proceed updates running processes

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Wed May 11 22:14:42 EDT 2011

According to the documentation, updating a process means to add a new
version of the process with a different id:
"Actually, you cannot really update a process, you can only deploy a new
version of the process, the old process will still exist. That is because
existing process instances might still need that process definition. So the
new process should have a different id, though the name could be the same,
and you can use the version parameter to show when a process is updated (the
version parameter is just a String and is not validated by the process
framework itself, so you can select your own format for specifying
minor/major updates, etc.)."

Best Regards,

Esteban Aliverti
- Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com