[rules-users] Best design pattern for: Set of events with countdown timers?

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 10:19:33 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am receiving events from a group of about 15 different event producers -
each with different names (located in the message).  I want to make sure
that I get at least one event from each of those 15 producers within a
pre-determined period of time; the period can be different for each
producer.

I am planning to use a template rule to relate producer name to time period.
Then, I'll insert a "myTimoutObject" for each producer (not quite sure yet
where/how I'll do that) which will count down from the provided time period
and trigger an "alert" condition if they reach zero (and reset whenever a
new event from that producer arrives into the ksession).

Does anyone have experience with a better way to implement this count-down
pattern?

Thanks for any insight,
-J