[rules-users] Excel Upload of decision table resulting in incomplete rules

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 07:56:08 EDT 2012

This is a limitation of the current import process.

A Condition\Pattern spanning multiple condition columns becomes a single
free-format DRL "BRL Fragment" column. BRL Fragments are only included if
all value place holders contain a value.

In the future we would like to improve the import to build regular columns
where possible (e.g. simple Fact-Field-Operator constructs).

Free-format DRL was chosen for the initial implementation as we could
support a wider range of DRL clauses in the XLS.

With kind regards,

Mike