[rules-users] modifying the problem facts while running the solver - Drools Planner

Garf JonGarfunkel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:10:16 EDT 2012

spinjala wrote

> THis is what is happening now with my sample solution that I am writing..
> Once the solver finds that a workorder (WO1) couldn't be assigned to any
> resource in the list of resources (due to the constraints)...

Well, it's a slightly different problem them. Planner's approach is to solve
problems in parallel, where it's not trivial to determine where a given item
can be matched.

Part of the motivation beyond using Planner is that whether one item fits
may be dependent on how the other items are arranged.

If workorders are coming in one at a time, why not apply the rules to that
item alone -- and that remove it from the planning scenario if it can't be
fit?

Jon