[rules-users] Create a JPAKnowledgeService via Spring ?

dunnlow dunnlow at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 18:51:34 EDT 2012

I am using the drools integration server (v5.4) (thus Spring v3) and trying
to configure a session that persists to a (mysql) database and reloads on
startup.

It seems like JPAKnowledgeService should fit the bill, except I'm at a loss
as to how/if it can be used in a Spring environment.

http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.4.0.Final/knowledge-api-javadoc/org/drools/persistence/jpa/JPAKnowledgeService.html

I also tried manually configuring persistence like:

<drools:ksession id=".." type="stateful"..>
   <drools:configuration>
       <drools:jpa-persistence>
            <drools:transaction-manager ref="jpaTxManager"/>
            <drools:entity-manager-factory ref="jpaEntityManagerFactory"/>
       </drools:jpa-persistence>
   </drools:configuration>
</drools:ksession>

and this is working (at least, I see the SessionInfo table getting updated),
but then how to reload this session startup (** via Spring)?

Thanks for any insight,
-J