[rules-users] Using Guvnor with Seam

rjr201 rich.j.riley at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 11:50:42 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm very interested in using Drools Guvnor with Seam and was hoping someone
here may have some experience of doing this.

I've currently got Seam 2.3 working fine with Guvnor 5.3. My question is, is
it possible to get Seam 2.3 working with Guvnor 5.5? Or is it necessary to
move onto Seam 3 in order to do this?

>From my understanding, the drools libraries that come with Seam 2.3 aren't
compatible with versions of Guvnor later than 5.3. I've experimented with
replacing Seam's drools libraries with the latest drools libraries (as used
by Guvnor 5.5) but then Seam complains, as it requires the older drools
libraries for some of it's internal workings.

Any advice/experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

Rich.