[rules-users] Rules with variable timers

riri irina.adam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:32:28 EST 2012

Hy,

Thank you very much for your response, I will definitely think about using
declared types for user input. I'm not exactly sure I understood how the
attributes of UserParameter are set from outside the rule file in the code
you posted.

I found that in the documentation in section  5.7.6. "Accessing Declared
Types from the Application Code" it is stated that these types are generated
at knowledge base compilation time. Would it be necessary to create a new
knowledge session each time these values are modified or can a previously
created session be used?

Lastly, I assume that the timer still has to be created with constant values
and there is no way around that.

I will be testing the declared type functionality myself to see how it works
but any response I get is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!
Regards