[rules-users] java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: unsupported classversion 50.0 While changing/Adding any rows in existing rules of Drool

amittelang1976 amit.telang at genworth.com
Wed Dec 26 13:53:38 EST 2012

Hi,

I am facing a strange error now a days with Drool GUI. Whenever i am
adding/modifying rules and built the rule, after that once I restart my
application server its unable to connect with Drool and gives me error
message java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: unsupported classversion
50.0.
If I remove my cahnges it started working fine. I am not sure why this error
is coming.
While googleing I come to know that it comes when java compiler is used
lower version but since the project start my application java version is 5
and Drool Jboss javaversion is 6. But this error is occuring recently.
Not sure why its coming and we are stucked due to this issue.
Please let me know what wrong I am doing.

Thanks,
Amit