[rules-users] Use of otherwise

Manasi manasi.a.damle at capgemini.com
Thu Dec 27 01:23:38 EST 2012

Hi,

In my drools application I have following web-guided decision table:

 Rule           Col1	         Col2	                 Col3
Fields

 Rule1         false           false               abc
field1,field2

 Rule2         false           true               (any value
field2
                                                           including "abc")

In Rule 2 above we have condition as:

*If Col1 is false and
If Col2 is true and
If Col3 is having any value including "abc" Then
*
return *field2* in action column.

We have created web-guided decision table in Guvnor and we have included
above 2 rules.

We have tried using <otherwise>, but as per <otherwise> functionality if we
use <otherwise> in Rule2 Col3 ,then it will take all values other than "abc"
and we need to consider "abc" value also.

Please suggest how to solve this scenario?

Thanks,
Manasi.