[rules-users] How to create a drl file or decision table dynamically?

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 13:53:20 EST 2012

     The reason it is not in the manual yet is because it was not promoted
to the public API yet. Nevertheless, you can use it, but be aware that
there might still be changes on it from version to version until it is
promoted to the public API. I am hoping Mark will give me the go ahead to
make it public soon.

     Examples are here:

https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/blob/master/drools-compiler/src/test/java/org/drools/lang/api/DescrBuilderTest.java

     The javadoc is not complete, but what is there is correct. Classes are:

https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/tree/master/drools-compiler/src/main/java/org/drools/lang/api

     The API is completely typesafe, so you can trust the code completion
of you java editor... :)

     Edson

2012/2/24 Michael Anstis <michael.anstis at gmail.com>

> 1) No you don't have to save it; just use one of the overloaded methods on
> KnowledgeBuilder that takes a StringReader, or String or something else
> similar.
>
> 2) I understand there to be one for Drools Expert too, which I'd expect to
> be in one of the drools-xxx JARs however am having trouble finding it!
>
> Re#2, I've asked Edson Tirelli (the author of the Drools Expert Fluent
> API) to advise further...
>

> On 24 February 2012 17:35, shawn <youngxiao121 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you~
>> Does it mean I have to write a file in java and saved it as .drl?
>> fluent API is in jbpm, right?
>>
>> --

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development