[rules-users] Guvnor utility to update packages and models

Dean Whisnant dean at basys.com
Fri Jan 6 15:15:53 EST 2012

We are using Drool and Guvnor 5.1.1 and have approximately 150 rule packages (different rules for different customers, ...).  Has anyone written a utility or do you have a suggestion for updating POJO models within each of these that doesn't involve me going to each package within guvnor?

As an example, 50 of my packages might all use the same POJO, we'll call it transactionAv10.jar, and when I go to v11 I currently have to go back into each package in guvnor and archive v10 and then upload v11.

I'm looking for a way that I could do this outside of guvnor.  Whether it be doing the updates at the webdav level, or even calling some guvnor functions that do these tasks.  For reference, I am using Apache Tomcat to host Guvnor and am using the default database structure.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Dean Whisnant
basys, inc.