[rules-users] Global variable error message

domingo sprabakkar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 17:11:23 EST 2012

Hi,
Thanks for your attention,
I am using global in my rule file(drl), I did some experiment with globals
my finding as follows...
1. declare both rules engine and drl file ==> all fine working properly.
2. I intentionaly commented out the global declaration in drl file and set
the global in the rules engine, it gives very clear error message like
'Unexpected global [identifiername]' and rule file is not compiled ==> this
is also fine very clear what is happening.
3. I declare the globals in drl file and intentionally not set the globals
into rules engine ==> I am getting the following error
message..."org.drools.runtime.rule.ConsequenceException: rule: XXXXX VVVV
rule_1"

my question here is the same error why the error message is different and
test  no 3 . the error message is not clear.
This makes more difficult in debugging.
Please let me know if other way of display the correct error messahe. I
completely check the drools-compiler test files not getting any help.
drools guru's please advise me.

-----
with kind regards,