[rules-users] Can we set a default value for emlpty cells in Drools templates

swaroop swaroop.oggu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 03:34:00 EST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to write a template and came across a scenario where one of the
condition cell                         $a : Company(condition), When
condition is left blank then entire predicate is missed and iam using the
ref of the company obj $a to set some values which is failing as the
declaration part is missing, So i was thinking, if we can have a default
value to the cell as $a : Company(), then the scenario will be
handled.Kindly let me know how to implement the default value for a cell in
template to overcome the above mentioned scenario

Thanks
Swaroop