[rules-users] setting different value in consequence ( RHS part) based on a conditional check

vadlam sreeram.vadlamudi at wellsfargo.com
Fri Jan 27 16:57:00 EST 2012

Esteban,

we already have several scores of rules in place. the requirment is to
change the rule(s)  in such a way as to keep it minimal and still achieve
the result expected.

having to write additional rules would be the last option.

hence, I was more interested  in using a function if I could.

eventually, we decided to add a new rule( just one)  that comes later in the
ruleflow so as to update all matching facts with the status.

This leaves all the scores of rules in place untouched and updates the
matching facts in one rule .

as per the business needs and ruleflow, this seemed the best solution.