[rules-users] bytecode representation of rules

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 18:35:40 EST 2012

   Tough question to answer as not everything in a DRL file becomes
bytecode, and not all in the same place. For instance, rule consequences
and other semantic code blocks, when using the java dialect, will become a
class that is code generated and compiled in memory. You can see that code
by setting the dump dir option in the KnowledgeBuilderConfiguration object
(or -Ddrools.dump.dir=<path> on the command line).

   Constraints on the other hand will become a mix of JIT bytecode and/or
MVEL expressions and/or object accessors, depending on several factors.
Since they are shared among multiple rules, they don't belong to a single
rule in particular, but become part of the Rete network, that is basically
an in-memory data structure.

   Not exactly sure if this helps you...

   Edson

2012/1/26 Mainul Raju <mainul.raju at yahoo.com>

> Hello All:
>
> I have been trying to get the byte code representation of rules (.drl
> files). I would appreciate it if anyone could kindly provide me any way to
> do that.
>
> I have created a rule based application with 100 rules in 5 different .drl
> files. My intention is to analyze the application with some byte code
> analyzer (i.e. soot). For the purpose of hat static analysis, I need the
> byte-code representation of rules which I can't get from drools.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> //
> Mainul

  Edson Tirelli