[rules-users] KnowledgeAgent custom class loader not working for PKG resources

Hrumph Herman.Post at imail.org
Mon Jul 2 16:31:17 EDT 2012

Hello.  I posted this issue quite awhile ago and also created Jira
JBRULES-3388.   Esteban proposed a solution and submitted a pull request but
this was not resolved in 5.3 or 5.4 releases.  I haven't seen Esteban online
for awhile, so perhaps it has been overlooked.   This seems like a
significant issue to me - the ability to use the KnowledgeBase classloader
for dependencies that reside in a .PKG.   This feature was also described in
the DroolsCookbook, but only demonstrated for a .DRL type resource.   I am
surprised that others have not pointed out this issue - is there another
approach for loading packages and their dependencies that is more commonly
used?

Thanks,

Herm