[rules-users] Guvnor Help !!

abhinay_agarwal abhinay_agarwal at infosys.com
Tue Jul 3 09:40:13 EDT 2012

 hey mike,

To /use a POJO model in a specific package after importing /it from Global,
/we need to create a Global variable inside the EDIT -> Configuration part
of the package/...
Only after this is done can i make rules inside the package using the
imported model..

But, in drools-expert doc its said that "/It is strongly discouraged to set
or change a global value from inside your rules/"..and..."/Globals are not
designed to share data between rules and they should never be used for that
purpose/"

but again you told me that "/*Rules are assets so the same principle
applies: if you have a rule you want to share in multiple packages, define
it in the the Global Area and then import it into the packages in which it
is needed*/"

M a bit confused..can yu please explain !!