[rules-users] Migrating from 4.0.7 to 5.4.0.Final

Mario Fusco mario.fusco at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 10:01:40 EDT 2012

Hi,

sorry if I took too much time to reply to this: last week almost the whole
Drools team has been busy with the JUDCon/JBWorld.

About the ClassLoader leaking you're right. I just opened a ticket in JIRA
about it ( https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-3567 ) and I am starting
working on this issue just now. If you have further comments or suggestions
to fix it please feel free to attach them to that ticket.

In general, as Mark already wrote, we generate a lot more of bytecode in the
release 5.4 in order to improve the performance execution. More in detail,
after a constraint has been evaluated a give amount of times (currently 20),
we JIT that constraint via ASM. Of course the trade-off for this is that
Drools now requires more PermGen space, so my advice is to enlarge it when
possible.

Any suggestion to improve this is welcome.

Mario