[rules-users] KnowledgeAgent custom class loader not working for PKG resources

Hrumph Herman.Post at imail.org
Tue Jul 3 10:38:09 EDT 2012

Thanks Esteban!

Herm

From: Esteban [via Drools] [mailto:ml-node+s46999n4018411h50 at n3.nabble.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 1:17 AM
To: Herman Post
Subject: Re: [rules-users] KnowledgeAgent custom class loader not working for PKG resources

Hi Hrumph,
The pull request is still open and waiting to be merged (even if now it can't be automatically merged): https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools/pull/100
Could someone of the dev team please take a look at it?

Best Regards,

Esteban Aliverti
- Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com
- Blog @ http://ilesteban.wordpress.com

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Hrumph <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4018411&i=0>> wrote:
Hello.  I posted this issue quite awhile ago and also created Jira
JBRULES-3388.   Esteban proposed a solution and submitted a pull request but
this was not resolved in 5.3 or 5.4 releases.  I haven't seen Esteban online
for awhile, so perhaps it has been overlooked.   This seems like a
significant issue to me - the ability to use the KnowledgeBase classloader
for dependencies that reside in a .PKG.   This feature was also described in
the DroolsCookbook, but only demonstrated for a .DRL type resource.   I am
surprised that others have not pointed out this issue - is there another
approach for loading packages and their dependencies that is more commonly
used?

Thanks,

Herm

http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/KnowledgeAgent-custom-class-loader-not-working-for-PKG-resources-tp3746456p4018411.html
NAML<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>