[rules-users] Possibly Broken drools-core-5.4.0.Final.jar?

Mario Fusco mario.fusco at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:03:47 EDT 2012

Hi Darin,

I've been just able to reproduce the bug you reported and opened a JIRA
ticket for it: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-3568

In particular the problem is in the evaluation of the constraint:
"value/predictedValue >= 0.7" where both value and predictedValue are fields
of your class AbstractDoubleFinding with the particularity that while the
first is a primitive double the second is of type Double.

For sure this is a bug and I am going to fix it, but as temporary workaround
I'd suggest you, if possible, to also declare predictedValue as a primitive
double in order of being sure that you won't have null values on it ... even
because I couldn't say if 0.0/null is less or greater than 0.7 ;)

Thanks for reporting this,
Mario