[rules-users] Migrating from 4.0.7 to 5.4.0.Final

JP Chemali jshemali at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 4 03:15:37 EDT 2012

Mario Fusco wrote

> I just fixed the leaks you reported on the master repository and
> backported the fix to the 5.4.x branch. I also closed the JIRA ticket I
> opened a few hours ago, but it is still possible to comment on it or even
> reopen it if you will find further issues. I don't know if you have the
> possibility to build Drools from the sources but if so it could be great
> if you could give a try to this fix.
>
> Nevertheless it is still a fact that Drools 5.4 requires more PermGen
> space, for the reasons that both Mark and myself explained in our former
> emails.
>
> I hope this helps,
> Mario

Thanks, that was quick!
Yes I am aware if the PermGen consumption, but I'm hoping to tone it down by
looking at the rules themselves (in 4.0.7 I had managed to reduce it by
simply shortening the rule names, let's see)

I'll try to access the drools sources and let you know if your patch fixes
the problem, again thanks that was real quick