[rules-users] Migrating from 4.0.7 to 5.4.0.Final

Mario Fusco mario.fusco at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:20:34 EDT 2012

Hi again,

As you suggested I modified the thread that jits the constraint, so now it
shouldn't hold any reference after he finishes its job and then avoid any
ClassLoader leaking.

I also added another option, named drools.permgenThreshold that allows to
define a threshold that is the percentage of usage of the PermGen space
above which the engine stops JITting other constraints and let them run in
interpreted mode. By default this value is set to 90% but of course you
could set it to 0 if you want to avoid any JITting.

Be aware that if you want to give it a try you will need to update and
recompile also the droolsjbpm-knowledge project (
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/droolsjbpm-knowledge/tree/5.4.x ) since the
class defining this now option is there. If you try it let me know how it
works for you.

Thanks for your precious suggestions and help,
Mario