[rules-users] Change Scanner does not start

Antonio Anderson Souza antonioams at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 18:53:52 EDT 2012

Dear All,

I have an application that use Guvnor 5.4.0 final as the rules repository
and a DroolsServer 5.4.0 final (with Spring Camel) to provide rule engine
via a Rest Webservices, all of those apps Running in a JBossAS 7.1.

All of the service are working perfectly, except the
resource-change-scanner that is configured in the knowledge-services.xml
[1] as it's described in the documentation.

When Drools-Server are deployed the Change Scanner does not start (I'm
monitoring the change scanner via Wireshark analyzing the communication
between DroolServer and Guvnor), I've created an small JSP file [2] that
invoke the ChangeScanner start method, when i run the JSP the Change
Scanner start to work (i can see the http requests from Drools Server do
Guvnor to see if the knowledge base had changed), but after Change Scanner
started working the rules are not triggered anymore.

So without Change Scanner I've all of the knowledge service running
properly, but the App is unable to detect rules changes, when I explicitly
(via JSP) start the Change Scanner all of the knowledge service stopped
working.

Change Scanner starts automatically?

Does anybody has some idea to help me?

[1] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
       xmlns:drools="http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring"
                           http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring
http://drools.org/schema/drools-spring-1.3.0.xsd">
  <drools:grid-node id="node1"/>
  <drools:resource-change-scanner id="scanner" interval="10" />
  <drools:kbase id="kbase1" node="node1" />
  <drools:kagent id="kagent1" kbase="kbase1">
    <drools:resources>
  <drools:resource  type="CHANGE_SET" source="classpath:ChangeSet.xml" />
    </drools:resources>
  </drools:kagent>
  <drools:ksession id="ksession1" type="stateless" kbase="kbase1"
node="node1"/>
</beans>

[2] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=utf-8" %>
<%
org.drools.io.ResourceChangeScannerConfiguration sconf =
org.drools.io.ResourceFactory.getResourceChangeScannerService().newResourceChangeScannerConfiguration();
sconf.setProperty("drools.resource.scanner.interval", "5");
org.drools.io.ResourceFactory.getResourceChangeScannerService().configure(sconf);
org.drools.io.ResourceFactory.getResourceChangeScannerService().start();
org.drools.io.ResourceFactory.getResourceChangeNotifierService().start();
%>

Best Regards,

Antonio Anderson Souza

 <http://174.129.217.139:8080/makecallclient/callme?p=YXNvdXphQHZvaWNlLmJyYXN0ZWwuY29tLmJy>