[rules-users] FireUntilHalt

crajor crjorge at sandia.gov
Wed Jul 11 22:16:43 EDT 2012

I have a fairly complicated drools program and I want to introduce temporal
reasoning to it.  I spent a bit of time writing some proof-of-concept
programs to get the feel of fusion and then tried to slowly introduce things
into my original drools program.  When I changed my program from using
fireAllRules() to using fireUntilHalt() on a separate thread, I suddenly get
failures in my unit tests.  (My first thought was that there was a race
condition between my unit tests and the thread calling fireUntilHalt() so I
introduced a delay before my unit tests but no luck)

Here are some of the behaviors I am seeing.

1) I occasionally get nullpointerexception from the thread running
fireUntilHalt()
2) My lock-on-active rules aren't firing

I have banged my head on this a while with no success.  (I even tried
putting fireAllRules() in a loop because of suggestions I saw but no luck
and same behavior).  My questions are, Is there a secret to using
fireUntilHalt() that I am not aware of?  Can anybody point me to where I can
educate myself on its proper use?

BTW no persistence and no spring in the code at this point.

Thanks, in advance, for any help you can provide.

Craig