[rules-users] Planner 5.4 - Overriding CachedMoveFactory to skip some PlanningEntity instances

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 03:21:58 EDT 2012

To regenerate them for every step, extend AbstractMoveFactory directly,
instead of CachedMoveFactory.

isMoveDoable() should only be used if it corrupts the solution.
Generally, it's not a good idea to use it to check hard-constraints
(even build-in hard-constraints).

Check the manual for the difference on "build-in hard constraints" and
(normal, real) "hard constraints".

The accepted move size is the number of moves that are accepted, not the
number that is selected.
This is the work flow:
- x moves get selected. The MoveFactory
- a non doable move gets ignored. y moves are doable
- the move's score is calculated
- the move is accepted or not. z moves are accepted
- the best move is selected as a step. With mininimalAcceptedSelection,
z is limited.

Op 13-07-12 17:54, Garf schreef:
> my error here in looking to extend CachedMoveFactory. Obviously, the moves
> are cached, and not regenerated each forage.
>
> I suppose if I wanted to achieved what I wanted, I'd just override
> isMoveDoable() to make it more discerning -- but,as the JavaDoc suggests,
> there's little benefit to doing this. I'd be putting business logic into
> Java that would be redundant to the rules, with little performance gains.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet