[rules-users] fire a rule only once (for the time being)

slyfox bobby.richards at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 00:50:29 EDT 2012

It seems like there are many similar problems but I have not been able to
find anything that addresses my issue exactly.

I have a stock trading application, and I want to check if the price is out
of a range (high,low)

if the price goes below low, the problem is the rule keeps firing if the
price keeps going lower, this creates too much noise and overhead.

I thought maybe the no-loop and duration attributes would help but they
didnt.

I know I could check not(Fired()) and use insert fired but I believe that
spans the entire session which I do not want either.

Is there a way to say fire this rule if true once then wait a period of time
before I check again.

>From what Ive read maybe agenda filters, but I am not sure if that is
flexible enough.