[rules-users] Implementing complex operators in Decision table

pratibhapandey pratibha02pandey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 03:02:10 EDT 2012

I need some help in implementing complex rules in decision table..

Following are the two queries that I need to implement in decision table.
1 ----------- ((UPPER(PRODUCT_TYPE_CODE) IN ('REO', 'TRM')) OR
       (UPPER(INVESTMENT_GROUP_TYPE) = 'EQUITY' AND
       deal_ltv_nbi_ext_Debt <= .6)) AND
       UPPER(PRIMARY_COLLATERAL_TYPE) = 'HOTEL'

2 --------------(UPPER(INVESTMENT_GROUP_TYPE) = 'EQUITY' OR
       UPPER(PRODUCT_TYPE_CODE) = 'LES') AND
       ((UPPER(NNN_LEASE) = 'Y' AND
       DECODE(ENHANCED_ITV,
                NULL,
                DEAL_ITV_NBI_SPP_CURR_MKT_VAL,
                ENHANCED_ITV) >= .95 AND Core_Property_Type_YN = 'Y') OR
       (UPPER(NNN_LEASE) = 'Y' AND
       DECODE(ENHANCED_ITV,
                NULL,
                DEAL_ITV_NBI_SPP_CURR_MKT_VAL,
                ENHANCED_ITV) >= .85 AND Core_Property_Type_YN = 'N'))

I need to use decision tables only. so do I implement them. I have attached
a decsion table in which I have to implement.
http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4017941/LeverageRuleSheet1.xls
LeverageRuleSheet1.xls