[rules-users] Is a single StatefulKnowledgeSession with Distributed Memory cache possible?

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 00:03:07 EDT 2012

It's difficult proposing alternatives without knowing all the requirements.

If there are no rules that require the presence of transactions with
unknown/indeterminate account numbers, a caching strategy might
be considered. Clearly, this would render relying on Fusion features
obsolete, and (temporary) retractions would have to be done
explicitly. Most frequently used accounts would remain in WM up
for the period you have to consider. Others would drop out due to
being idle for a certain period. A new transaction for some
swapped out account would trigger reloading of old transactions.
(This is akin to some page swapping strategy used to implement
virtual memory in operating systems.)

This isn't a simple task, but given the huge amount of transactions
you have to cope with you may not have any feasible alternative
"out of the box".

-W