[rules-users] Hibernate Configuration with Drools 5.4

zeeshan zeeshan.spring at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 07:42:07 EDT 2012

Hi Laune and thanks for replying !

We have a set of Insurance Rate Tables setup as Drools Decision tables. One
of these is large – 50,000 rows – These are setup as individual line items
in a single Decision table [four parameters whose input value leads to a
result value].  We notice that while loading the decision tables, if load
the entire 50,000 row decision table, we get a Java heap size error.
*java.lang.outOfMemory: java Heap size*
We also tried the following :

Increased the heap space in Eclipse by *-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m
-XX:+UseParallelGC
-XX:PermSize=512M
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M*, also in *eclipse.ini* file changed the *Perm size
from 256 to 512 MB*, also changed in *catalina.bat* file in Tomcat folder.
For one full day after the changes we had done, it was working fine with
50,000 rows in a decision file. Suddenly after two days we were shocked to
see the same error....  :(   So then We thought to move the rules i.e.
decision table to Database and thought of *Hibernate or iBatis*.

Could you advise how we can resolve this issue. Also, we are thinking of
moving this large rate table to a database and write a SELECT to get back
the result.  Please advise on this alternative as well.